HAWAII COUPLES PHOTOGRAPHER
Hey, simply showing up in Hawaii is already the beginning of an epic couples session! You and your love, the perfect white sandy beach, sunrise or sunset; that’s really all we need for an INCREDIBLE session! But if you want to make your session extra special read on for ideas!
1. SURFS UP! OK, nothing says Hawaii like a photo session out on the water! Rock a bikini and board shorts and BYOB (bring your own board) or I have a surf board available for use and can tow it to our session! If surfing isn’t your thing, we can paddle board, or even cute pool floaties would make for such a fun session. Or even just a simple swim session like this one is gorgeous. Picture getting steamy in the waves with your honey!
2. RENT A BOAT. Wanna be out on the water, but stay dry? A boat, sail boat, or catamaran rental is the perfect solution and would make for some truly unique photos. Renting a boat is an investment, but would make for an epic evening beyond just the photos. These are some of my favorite rentals: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
3. HIKE TO A WATERFALL! Need I say more? While Hawaii is known for it’s gorgeous waterfalls, there aren’t any on Oahu that are immediately accessible, and doing a photo session at one would be a special and unique way to show off the beauty of Hawaii that would be well worth the effort! (Alternately if you’re headed to the outer islands, there are more accessible falls I can recommend.) Imagine romantic photos in the pools of the falls with tropical jungle vibes all around!
4. BEACHSIDE PICNIC. Are you more of a foodie type? How about a gorgeous beach-side styled picnic? There are lots of companies around Oahu that specialize in creating photo worthy, romantic picnics so you and your partner can just show up, relax, and enjoy! Sunset is the perfect time of day and I can recommend the best secluded beaches to make this happen. Think charcuterie boards, yummy pupus, tropical fruits, and bubbly!
5. HIT UP A FOOD TRUCK OR GET SHAVE ICE OR ACAI BOWLS. Another idea for foodies! Oahu is bursting with amazing food trucks and cute little places to grab shave ice or acai. We can order yummy food and then tote it to the beach. I can think of a dozen spots on the North Shore that would make for the cutest little session!
These are just a few ideas that could hopefully spark ideas in your head too. Mostly importantly, you want your session to feel like you. If that means one of the above, cool. If you have an idea you want to discuss, no matter how crazy it may feel, let me know! I always love to collab with my clients to come up with session ideas and styling to make it special to them and their relationship. And if none of this resonates, that cool too! Maybe you’re super casual and you want to roll up in basic tees and demin. There’s something to be said about keeping it simple too. Whatever you wear/plan/do, we want it to fee authentic!
Looking for a Hawaii couples photographer for your upcoming trip to Oahu, Maui, Kauai or the Big Island? Contact me to inquire about availability